Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Introduction to Doc's Soapbox


In a world that is changing every day, it is time that we faced issues head-on education, politics, US and international diplomacy. As Joe Friday (Dragnet 1960s TV Show) use to say, “Just give me the facts, ma’am.” This requires candid and frank assessments, suggestions, and debate. As a citizen of the United States, it's time that I/we faced the way our politicians has manipulated us to believe whatever they say is "truth." Though my blog will mostly address "education" and the American system of education, much will be reported regarding politics because it is the politicians who have most controlled, tampered with, and in many cases, manipulated education until there is little good left in it. I will attempt to avoid rash and uneducated statements, which means that I am obviously not a Republic, a Tea Party member, or a Democrat. I gave up on the two-party system years ago. Nevertheless, my goal is not truly to "rant and rave" but to provoke thought, discussion, debate, and to inform what I believe has seriously changed the nation many of us call "home." It has also cost us our liberty, our freedom, and our right to establish a citizen form of government for the people. Whether by design or by consequence, we need to become knowledgeable about the society that we may think we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment